Friday, June 14, 2013

...and we're back.


So I started this blog right when I assigned a major paper in my freshman English classes.  After 7 years in the business you'd think I'd know better.  I'm a noob.  Needless to say, I was quite busy helping my young ones edit and revise their work.  Once the final product was done, I went through the laborious task of actually reading them.  Yes, I read them.  I somehow feel like a cheat them if I don't put in the same effort they put in.  One day I will wise up.
Many of my honor students felt like they gave birth.  Some felt this because they treated their paper like their "precious" (insert Gollum voice here) while others seem to be physically and mentally distraught by the amount of work they had to do.  I don't think I've seen a student experience Post-Traumatic Research Paper  Disorder, but it may have happened this year.  
Tack on putting on a prom and you have a recipe for...  well... I was going to say disaster, but it certainly cut into my "me" time.  

A teacher friend of mine has somewhat reignited my need to write again.  She challenged me to write everyday.  Not sure if I can accomplish that, but I'll sure as hell try.  I have a week of AP training that is at the forefront of my mind and I really want to do well.  OK, that's just an excuse.  Pft!

No comments:

Post a Comment